Teacher workshops focus on works of art in the BMA's collection or in special exhibitions. Most teacher workshops include close examination of art in the galleries, mini-lectures, hands-on activities, and creative ideas for integrating art in the classroom. Teachers receive images and extensive background information. Workshops are typically held twice a year on a Saturday and last about four hours.
Not a Member yet? Find out about the benefits of joining.
Monsters & Myths: Surrealism and War in the 1930s and 1940s
Saturday, March 2, 8:30 a.m.- 1 p.m.
Join us for an exploration of Surrealism through the exhibition Monsters & Myths: Surrealism and War in the 1930s and 1940s.
- Examine artworks on a private tour of the exhibition before public hours with curator Oliver Shell
- Create a surrealist self-portrait with artist Beth Holladay
- Receive educational materials on Surrealism
- Discuss ways to use Surrealist work in your classroom
- Enjoy coffee, tea, and light snacks