Friends of Modern and Contemporary Art
“FoMaCA Members want to experience a stronger tie
to Baltimore’s community of creative individuals.”
–Kristen Hileman, Curator of Contemporary Art and liaison to FoMaCA
FoMaCA Members develop and enrich their understanding of modern and contemporary art, support significant programs and exhibitions that broaden understanding of the art of our time, and contribute to acquisitions that enhance the BMA's collection of contemporary art.
This special group worked to save the contemporary masterpiece Violins Violence Silence. Read about this landmark sculpture by one of America's greatest living artists.
FoMaCA membership is open to BMA Members only. Not a BMA Member? Join Today! For more information, please call 443-573-1761.
- Exclusive access to private collections
- Travel to contemporary art destinations
- VIP passes to major art fairs (subject to availability)
- Private curatorial tours of exhibitions
- Studio and gallery visits
- Lectures and gallery talks
- Special opportunities to interact with BMA curators
- Conversations about the art market with collectors and industry professionals.
Private Collection Visit
Sunday, May 4, 3 p.m. and 5 p.m.
The collection of Howard Brown and Kara Brook includes modern masters and cutting-edge contemporary artists in a breathtaking architectural setting. FoMaCA members only. RSVP required; space is very limited.
Illuminate Panel Discussion
Thursday, June 12, 6 p.m.
Notre Dame of Maryland University’s Knott Auditorium
For more information, call 443-573-1761.