The BMA offers a range of tour options for school groups, including Guided Tours and Self-Guided Tours . Our engaging tours:
- Inspire creativity
- Sharpen observation
- Foster critical thinking
- Explore the human stories of art
Trained docents (volunteer gallery teachers) are available to lead your group in a guided experience. Groups from Pre-K through University are welcome. Tours are booked on a first-come, first-served basis. Scheduling is required for both guided and self-guided tours.
Student tours are supported in part by Maryland State Department of Education.
The BMA collection and exhibition program are dynamic and explore contemporary ideas. Join the conversation in a guided tour led by a trained docent!
Guided tours led by docents are:
- Offered to groups of 10 or more students
- Run Wednesday through Friday
- Generally last one hour and start between 10 am and 3:30 pm
- Available to up to 90 students within an hour, depending on the tour topic
- Large groups will be divided into smaller touring groups, so that all students can actively participate
If you are coming from a Baltimore City Public School, you may be eligible for free bus transportation, organized by Arts Every Day. Please indicate on your tour request form if you would like to be considered for a free bus.
Make Your Visit Great
About a week before your visit, a docent will contact you to learn about your goals and expectations for your tour, to plan a tailored learning experience. Please share:
- What your class has been studying
- How this visit complements your curriculum
- Anything that will help our docents connect with your students (e.g. that your 5th graders are especially fond of drawing or that your university class loves to debate)
Please book your tour at least 6 weeks prior to the date you are requesting.
Please support the educational mission of the BMA by making a suggested donation of $2 per student.
Please fill out the tour request form completely. Incomplete information may delay your request. After your visit is scheduled, you will receive confirmation by email, followed by a packet of information in the mail. Your tour is not confirmed until you have received the email and printed information.
For more information about BMA Tours, email email@example.com.