Art After Hours: Future/Nature
November 3 · 7:00pm – 10:00pm
$25 / $20 Members
Explore the collision of art, science, and nature with a fun, art-filled evening for ages 21 and over. The BMA’s next Art After Hours is inspired by the art in four amazing exhibitions: iridescent spheres and spider webs in Tomás Saraceno: Entangled Orbits; colorful, swirling collages in Spiral Play: Loving in the ‘80s; digitally produced textiles and sculptures in Annet Couwenberg: From Digital to Damask; and the intense, immersive environment of Phaan Howng: The Succession of Nature.
Admission to Art After Hours includes evening access to the galleries, entertainment, and a free ticket for food or drink—plus opportunities for guests to collaborate with others and/or create their own mini-masterpieces to take home.
- Build a giant inflatable futurist sculpture with architecture students from MICA and Morgan State University
- Make a wearable rope spiral with Clare Nichols
- Watch a performance by Baltimore-based artist Phaan Howng in the immersive environment she created with unnatural colors inspired by toxic waste
- Chat with artist Annet Couwenberg about her new work inspired by the biology of fish and her passion for digital and traditional fabrication processes
- Browse a carnivorous plant demo and sale with Mid Atlantic Carnivorous Plant Society
- Make a miniature laser-cut sculpture with Open Works Baltimore
- Enjoy music by DJ Dubble8 and drinks and light bites by City Seeds
When the gallery lights go down, the party lights come up for Art After Hours. Explore the collision of art, science, and nature with a fun, art-filled evening.