The Baltimore Running Festival is Saturday, October 21.
Please visit BaltimoreMarathon.com for information on road closures.
Building an Inclusive Baltimore: A New Lens for Inclusion at The Baltimore Museum of Art
May 4 · 6:30pm – 8:30pm
Seating is limited and will be first come, first served.
In partnership with Beyond Conflict, a global initiative internationally recognized for its powerful new approaches to achieving peace in divided societies, the BMA hosts Building an Inclusive Baltimore: A New Lens for Inclusion. Hear from leaders in conflict resolution, behavioral science, and the arts as they share the drivers of exclusion and the ways people consciously and unconsciously act. The event seeks to apply these insights to spark strategies for cultural organizations to more meaningfully engage with and reflect their communities.
Speakers and Moderators:
- Rebecca Saxe, Principal Investigator, SaxeLab for Social Cognitive Neuroscience, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Kibibi Ajanku, Director of Equity and Inclusion, Greater Baltimore Cultural Alliance
- Ambassador Ebrahim Rasool, activist and former South African Ambassador to the U.S
- Carrie Mae Weems, Contemporary Artist, MacArthur Genius Award recipient (pictured)
- Jeannie Howe, Executive Director, Greater Baltimore Cultural Alliance
- Mark Muller, Senior Advisor to the United Nations Envoy to Syria
- Christopher Bedford, BMA Dorothy Wagner Wallis Director
- Timothy Phillips, Co-Founder and CEO of Beyond Conflict