Art After Hours: Afropolitanism
June 22 · 8:00pm – 11:00pm
BMA Members: $20 | Non-Members: $25
Baltimore's best art party is back, featuring:
- Musical performances by Abdu Ali with drummer Josh Stokes, saxophonist Sarah Hughes, and singer Randi Withanhi
- DJ Hoeteps
- Make-your-own laser-cut wearables with artist Sarah Juanita
- Travel-journal making with artist Alisa Brock
- In-gallery artists chats with 2018 Sondheim Artscape Prize finalists
- Poetry reading with Saida Agostini inside Meleko Mokgosi: Acts of Resistance
- Free admission to the ticketed exhibition Odyssey: Jack Whitten Sculpture, 1963-2017 ($10 value) and evening access to select galleries and exhibitions, including Meleko Mokgosi: Acts of Resistance; 1939: Exhibiting Black Art at the BMA; and Phaan Howng: Succession of Nature.
- BMA Curator Kevin Tervala on the BMA’s African art collection and Odyssey
- In-gallery talk on Imagining Home and migration
- A food item or drink on us! (You'll receive your complimentary food or drink ticket at the door.)
Beer, wine, cocktails, and light bites are available for purchase. This event is for adults age 21 and older.
Baltimore's best art party is back and celebrating Odyssey: Jack Whitten Sculpture, 1963-2017.