The BMA Council is a distinguished group of art lovers and community leaders.
BMA Council Memberships play a central role in helping the Museum maintain its world-famous collection and landmark building, produce groundbreaking exhibitions, create innovative educational and community outreach programs, and so much more.
Council Membership benefits include Private Preview receptions, Curator-led tours, special recognition, and more.
Patron’s Council members receive:
- Invitations twice yearly to the Director’s Brunch & Talk
- Invitations to exclusive Council events, including opening receptions for major exhibitions
- Curator-led tours followed by a prix-fixe group lunch
- Exclusive cocktail receptions and curator presentations
- 10% discount at Gertrude’s restaurant
- 15% discount at the BMA Shop
- Free daily admission to ticketed exhibitions for you and your guest(s)
- Free parking at the BMA East and West lots
- Opportunity to join a BMA Friends Group
- Special recognition at the Museum’s entrance and in the online Annual Report
- Reciprocal Members privileges at hundreds of North American museums with the Museum Alliance Reciprocal Program (MARP), North American Reciprocal Museum (NARM) Program, and Reciprocal Organization of Associated Museums (ROAM).
- Opportunity to travel with the Museum Travel Alliance
- Subscription to Members magazine BMA Today
Curator’s Council members receive all Patron’s Council benefits, plus:
- Invitation to an annual Curator’s Council Reception at the home of a BMA Trustee
- Eight VIP passes for ticketed exhibitions to share with friends
- 10% discount on one private BMA space rental*
Director’s Council members receive all Curator’s Council benefits, plus:
- VIP tour of the Museum (by request)
- Opportunity to travel with the BMA Director and Board Chair on the Director’s Council Trip
- 15% discount on one private BMA Space Rental*
Chair’s Council members receive all Director’s Council benefits, plus:
- Invitation to the annual Chair’s Council Dinner with the Director and Board Chair
- Art-filled travel with the Director and Board Chair on Chair’s Council Trips
- Assistance in securing VIP admission to Art Fairs
- Complimentary BMA exhibitions catalogues
Benefactor’s Council members receive all Chair’s Council benefits, plus:
- Private lunch with the Director (by request)
- Concierge ticket assistance for exhibitions at museums throughout the world
- Private consultation with a Museum curator in your Baltimore home (by request)
- 25% discount on one private BMA space rental*
Founder’s Council members receive all Benefactor’s Council benefits, plus:
- Participation on a BMA Accessions Committee (by request)
- Private tour and dinner with the Director for up to 6 people (by request)
Leadership Council members receive all Founder’s Council benefits, plus:
- Recognition as a sponsor of one focus exhibitions or museum program
Gifts of securities and contributions from donor-advised funds can be applied toward a Council Membership. For instructions to make these contributions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*The tax-deductible amount of your membership dues will decrease if you use the BMA space rental discount.