A Message from the BMA
Update on COVID-19 (3/25/2020)
The Baltimore Museum of Art has extended the closure of its galleries and shop through the end of April. The BMA has also canceled all public events and programs for the month of April, and our satellite location at Lexington Market will be closed during this time as well. Our hope is to reopen to the public in May for regular museum hours, though we encourage you to check our website before planning a visit.
We continue to monitor the latest updates regarding COVID-19, and we will adjust our plans according to guidance from state and federal officials. In the days and weeks ahead, the safety of our community, our staff, and our volunteers is our highest priority. Please check this page for updates.
Update on Events and Public Program (3/11/2020)
As the COVID-19 situation has evolved, we’ve decided it is in the best interest of the communities we serve to cancel or postpone all upcoming public programs through April 12. Please see below for a complete list of cancelled or postponed events.
Event Cancellations and Postponements
- Free Family Sundays on March 15, March 22, March 29, April 5, and April 12 are canceled.
- Members Opening Party on March 14 is canceled.
- Open Hours: How We Get Through: A Celebration of Black Women’s Language on March 14 is canceled.
- 2020 Vision Community Celebration on March 15 is postponed. Please check back in the upcoming weeks for the new date.
- Docent-led tours are suspended through April 12.
- Portrait Workshop with SHAN Wallace at BMA Lexington Market on March 26 and March 28 are canceled.
- Card-Making Workshop with Jermain Bell on March 21 presented by the JJC is canceled.
If you have any questions, please email the BMA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
State of Maryland — https://phpa.health.maryland.gov/Pages/Novel-coronavirus.aspx
City of Baltimore — https://health.baltimorecity.gov/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov