The Baltimore Museum of Art
|Wednesday||10 a.m.–5 p.m.|
|Thursday||10 a.m.–9 p.m.|
|Friday||10 a.m.–5 p.m.|
|Saturday||10 a.m.–5 p.m.|
|Sunday||10 a.m.–5 p.m.|
Wurtzburger and Levi Sculpture Gardens
Open Wednesday–Sunday, 10 a.m.–dusk (weather permitting)
Please call ahead to 443-573-1700 before visiting the Sculpture Gardens.
The BMA Shop
Open Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
Thursday, 10 a.m.–9 p.m.
Gertrude’s Chesapeake Kitchen
Monday & Tuesday: Closed
Wednesday-Saturday: 11:30 a.m.–8 p.m.
Sunday: 10 a.m.–3 p.m.; 4:30–7 p.m.
If you’d like to apply for an open position at Gertrude’s please contact John Gilligan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The BMA and The BMA Shop are closed New Year’s Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
The Baltimore Museum of Art is proud to offer free admission to all regular Museum exhibitions.
Ongoing support for free admission to The BMA has been provided through endowment gifts from the Cohen Family Fund for Free Admission, Lord Baltimore Capital Corporation, Mary J. and James D. Miller, James S. Riepe Family Foundation, and the DLA Piper Fund.
Extended Evening Hours are generously supported by The Rouse Company Foundation.
Members Admission Benefits
BMA Members receive:
- Free admission to special exhibitions
- Discounted parking during Museum hours
- Discounts at the BMA Shop and Gertrude’s Chesapeake Kitchen
- And much more
Works on View
If you are visiting the Museum to see a specific artwork or collection, please call Visitor Services at 443-573-1701 to confirm it will be on view.
Because we rotate the art in the galleries and loan works to museums in the U.S. and abroad, not every work in our collection is on display at once. See our current exhibitions.
In addition to adhering to policies implemented to help mitigate the spread of covid, please follow these policies when visiting the BMA to help maintain a safe environment for visitors and the works of art. Thank you for helping us make the BMA a great place to visit.
- All visitors over the age of 2 are encouraged to wear face masks inside the building. Face masks are also encouraged on Museum grounds when in close proximity to other groups. (Please review additional covid-related protocols here prior to your visit.)
- Eating and drinking are not permitted in the galleries.
- Smoking or vaping is not permitted in the BMA or Sculpture Gardens.
- Service animals are welcome in the Museum galleries and the Sculpture Gardens.
- Please follow any instructions from Security Officers.
- Non-flash photography is allowed in collection galleries and sculpture gardens for personal, non-commercial use, except where noted. Art in special exhibitions or on loan may not be photographed.
- Professional photography anywhere on Museum property must be approved in advance. For more information and to apply for approval, please contact Rentals@artbma.org.
In the Galleries and Sculpture Gardens:
- All visitors over the age of 2 are encouraged to wear face masks inside the building. Face masks are also encouraged outside on the grounds when in close proximity to other groups. (Please review additional covid-related protocols here prior to your visit.)
- Do not touch the art except where noted.
- Limit phone calls to lobby areas and the Sculpture Gardens.
- Sketching is welcome in the collection galleries with pencil only. To use other media, you must obtain advance permission by calling 443-573-1730. When sketching, paper or sketchbooks should not exceed 12 x 18 inches. Please be considerate of the other Museum visitors and do not obstruct traffic flow or sit on the floor.
- See the family section for tips on visiting with children.
- All backpacks, packages, laptops, or items larger than 11 x 15 inches must be checked at the Checkroom.
- Backpack baby carriers and diaper bags must be checked. Strollers are welcome but may be restricted during peak times.
- Wheelchairs are available free of charge at the Checkroom.
The Baltimore Museum of Art does not appraise or authenticate artworks. The following organizations are resources for finding appraisers: